Refreshing Pasta SaladsBack
The holy month of Ramadan is a time, when most people are dashing about the kitchen, tossing with ideas and spices to come out with a tempting recipe, and in the process hoping that the meals are less time consuming to prepare and yet manage to impress everyone. While it is vital to pay attention to preparing the main dishes, one should also prepare healthy and wholesome salads to add to the flavors, texture and variety.
Using seasonal fresh veggies adds the challenge of making a perfect vegetarian dish. Here Expert Chef Rajesh Rodericks, gives us two mouth-watering pasta salads which are energizing and very easy to make.
Aubergine Pasta Salad
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, chopped
250 gm cooked spiral pasta
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 can chickpeas
2 large aubergines, peeled and chopped in cubes
Method of Preparation
- Cook pasta and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients and toss them in with the pasta once they cool.
- Sprinkle aubergine cubes with salt and allow it to drain in a colander for about 15 minutes.
- Fry aubergine cubes in a little olive oil till they are semi-charred.
- Toss all the ingredients together and add aubergine in the end. Mix well and serve.
Simple Pasta Salad
Green, red and yellow peppers
Grated parmesan cheese
Method Of Preparation
- Add salt and olive oil to boiling water to cook the pasta.
- Once ready, allow to cool before adding the veggie mix.
- In a big bowl mix the following: penne pasta, followed by the green, red and yellow peppers cut into small squares, the cherry tomatoes after they have been cut in half, the green olives (preferably use olives with the seeds removed), cucumbers also cut into small squares, and the sweet corn.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, little amount of balsamic vinegar, and alot of olive oil, mix well and serve.
Image courtesy: tasteofhome.com
‘Copper’ can be called the hottest..
The South-Korean electronics giant, Samsung..