Mastering The High Waisted LookBack
Jeans are a perennial staple in any woman’s closet, but styles of jeans cycle in and out of popularity. On one end of the spectrum, low-rise jeans enjoy periods of fashionability, and high-waisted jeans also find their way back into the fashion world’s good graces from time to time. While high waists are a relief when it comes to body coverage, styling them presents a whole new challenge. The best way to go about styling high-waisted jeans is to consider one’s fashion personality first and take it from there. One’s personal style will affect the cut of the jeans as well as the wash chosen. Following are six different ways to put together a high-waisted jeans look.
High-waisted jeans automatically look dressier than other jeans and seem more like a trouser than a jean, so they fit in well with a tailored, classic wardrobe. Here are three beautiful ways to pair high-waisted jeans with classic pieces.
- Add a button-down shirt and high-heeled loafers to wide - leg high - waisted jeans . Finish with a belt for a polished look.
- Wear high-waisted jeans with a T-shirt and a blazer. Slip into some espadrilles with a very high wedge heel.
- Layer a cardigan over a knit tank and finish with ballerina flats.
A girl can still look feminine and romantic in a pair of high-waisted jeans. Try these three ideas when it is important to exude that girly vibe.
- Layer a soft cardigan in a pretty color over a tank top and put on cute flats. Make the look more girly by going with a soft pastel, such as pink or lilac, for the cardigan or tank.
- Start with a great pair of high heels. Add high-waisted jeans. Top off with a loose blouse and a cloche or floppy hat.
- Wear high wedges with high-waisted jeans and finish with a pretty T-shirt embellished with ruffles or ribbons.
Nothing looks better with an androgynous look than high-waisted jeans, even though, paradoxically, they also look very feminine. Try these three outfits for a sexy mannish style.
- Wear high-waisted jeans with a men’s shirt and suspenders. Finish with sexy heels to avoid looking too masculine.
- Put on high-waisted jeans with a shirt, tie, and jacket. Be careful to make each element slightly feminine; the idea is not to dress up as a man but to pull off a look that is inspired by men’s clothing.
- Again, put on a man’s shirt and tuck it in, but leave it unbuttoned to the waist and pop a white ribbed tank undershirt underneath. Roll up the sleeves to the elbows and add a belt. This has a terrific early-20th-century look to it.
Some of the jeans of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s did feature higher rises, so a high - waisted flare jean is right in keeping with the days of Flower Power. Here are three bohemian looks to get you started.
- Mix a light wash high - waisted flare jean with a peasant-style blouse and an earthy sandal.
- Wear high-waisted jeans with a knit turtleneck top and wooden-soled clogs.
- Combine a T-shirt, vest, and high-waisted jeans with platform heels.
A sleek and chic look can be achieved by mixing high-waisted jeans with sexy pieces.
- Put on a dark wash high - waisted skinny jean and high-heeled sandals. On top, add a thin, form-fitting sweater or knit top.
- Start with high-waisted jeans and an avant-garde blouse featuring exaggerated puffed sleeves, a huge collar, or another notice-me feature. Finish with striking, to-the-minute heels.
- Layer a trendy jacket over high-waisted jeans; carry an eye-catching bag and, of course, wear heels.
High-waisted jeans may seem too fashion-forward for a rocker or biker chick, but with the right styling, these jeans can work for anyone. First, choose great well-worn (or worn-looking) high - waisted boyfriend jeans . Next, put on a plain tee. Finally, throw on a black leather motorcycle jacket and black ankle boots.
- Go ‘80s by pairing high-waisted jeans with an army jacket and try Doc Martens on the feet.
- Look tough but sporty by wearing a slashed-up, cropped sweatshirt with high-waisted jeans and tennis shoes, preferably high tops.
Image Courtesy: shutterstock.com