Lip Smacking Breakfast Burritos!Back
The great thing about serving burritos at a brunch is that you can lay out each individual dish of ingredients and encourage guests to build their own. A vegetarian burrito just makes it all the more accessible for your friends and family. Here’s how you can make a delicious burrito for your breakfast
Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito
- 12 eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups diced tomatoes (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 six-inch flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons minced scallion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Crack the eggs into a deep bowl and whisk in the milk.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until they are translucent; add the tomatoes, corn, and peppers.
- Cook it until the vegetables are begin to soften and give off an aroma. Remove the pan from the heat and blot the surface of the ingredients with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Return the pan to the heat and pour in the eggs. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Season the egg mixture with salt and a few grindings of pepper. Don’t stir; let the eggs begin to set before scrambling, about two minutes.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place them in the oven to warm, about 10 minutes. Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the eggs. With a wooden spoon, start to scrape the eggs from the edge of the pan to the center, forming large soft curds.
- Continue scraping along the bottom of the pan to redistribute the eggs as they cook. When the eggs still look wet but are no longer liquid, gently mound them into the center of the pan. Turn off the heat but leave the skillet on the burner. Fold in the scallions and cheese. Leave the eggs in the warm pan to finish cooking, stirring once or twice, about two more minutes.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven. Spoon an equal amount of the egg mixture near the center of each tortilla and gently roll them to create a snug wrap.
Image Courtesy: shutterstock.com