Gift This Beautiful Bracelet To Your Best PalBack
Create a holiday bracelet with real sparkle by fusing dichroic and sheet glass. Each bead is unique, making beautiful bracelets for yourself or a gift. Go through the tutorial below:
- Kiln paper
- Gun Metal Link Bracelet
- Clear Dichroic Glass
- Black Sheet Glass
- Hot Mitts
- E6000 or other glass glue
- Glass cutter
- Paper towels
- Glass cleaner
- Step 1: Measure and mark the following glass sheets: Black Sheet Glass – eleven 3/8” X 3/8” Clear Dichroic – eleven 3/8” X 3/8”
- Step 2: Using a glass cutter, cut glass to designated sizes as indicated above. Clean glass using paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
- Step 3: Next, cut three 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place one sheet of kiln paper on the kiln base.
- Step 4: Layer the glass on the kiln paper. Start with the base, 3/8” X 3/8” Black glass. Evenly space glass squares on the kiln paper, no more then 4 pieces per firing. Cover the Black glass with 3/8” X 3/8” Clear Dichroic glass.
- HOT TIP: Try using a different base glass such as white, black or clear.
- Step 5: Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid.
- Step 6: Fuse using the chart below. HOT TIP: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
- PLEASE NOTE: Dichroic Glass may darken or lose its color if over fired. To prevent this from occurring, carefully follow the fusing schedule listed below. After second firing, you can open the microwave, using Hot Mitts carefully lift the lid of the kiln enough to inspect the fusing process. By doing so, you will release some of the heat from the chamber, resulting in a reduction of the temperature inside the kiln. If glass is not fused to your liking, return the lid to the base and continue to fuse in 15 second intervals until desired look.
- Step 7: Once glass has completely fused, remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln on a heat resistant surface for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution.
- Step 8: Repeat steps 4-7 until you have created 11 fused glass cabochons.
- Step 9: When cooled, adhere Dichroic cabochons to the disks of the Fuseworks™ Bracelet & allow to dry. Additional adornments such as charms & ribbons can be added to create a personalized bracelet sure to put sparkle into your holidays.
Image courtesy: shutterstock.com