Amazon's Echo Dot 2.0 Can Do Everything Your Smartphone Can, And More
If you thought that only your smart phone could make and receive calls and messages, play music set alarms, provide information, control smart devices wait till you hear about Amazon’s Echo Dot Ver 2.0. This Alexa controlled device can do all that your smart phone can do and more. Here’s what great about Amazon’s Echo Dot 2.0-
- It controls all smart devices in your home including smart lights, fans, TVs, locks, switches, thermostats, and even garage doors, sprinklers and a host of other compatible devices. You can turn on or off the lights, set the thermostat at desired temperature, dim the lights, set timers and alarms, or lock and unlock your house using Echo’s voice command function. WeMo, Samsung, Sony, Nest, Philips, etc are some of the compatible appliances.
- You can connect it to your speakers, or headphones via Bluetooth or 3.5mm cable. Two or more Echo Dots can be connected simultaneously to provide multi room music or louder music in a larger room.
- The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices. You can also access it through your web browser.
- Your voice command is enough to connect to other Echo devices in your home. It has 7 far field microphones and powerful processor which can hear you even in a noisy environments or when music is playing.
- If multiple Echo devices are connected, the device is smart enough to respond from the Echo closest to you using the Echo Spatial Perception technology.
- You can connect to music apps from all over the world including Spotify, Amazon Music, TuneIn and iHeartRadio. You can ask Alexa to play your favourite music, or ask for your favourite artist, or genre or mood of song, search for a song using its lyrics or let Alexa pick your music. It also can control Amazon Video on Fire TV.
- You can easily call or message anyone with the Echo Dot. You can ask Alexa to call people from your contact list. You can even connect to services like Pizza take outs, cabs, satellite TVs, etc.
- The built-in speakers act as an alarm clock, kitchen assistant, Audiobook reader, news reader, reading out sports score, weather reports, or anywhere you might need a voice controlled computer. You can use Echo’s speakers to let the family know when dinner’s ready, remind chores or call for help.
Image courtesy: amazon.com